info at boxed art media dot com
boxed art media, LLC was developed to address the needs of the community from which it sprang.
The company began to support the Musician's Access Web Radio (M.A.W.R.)which provides a publicly available internet radio station for artists. It began as one of the first internet stations in Austin, TX. But it was not known widely.
In addition to the radio station, M.A.W.R. also provided links to various resources such as musician affiliate programs, legal documentation and archives for both the US and UK, and links to companies providing musician related services, such as distribution and publication.
Since the people at boxed art media, LLC are all lovers of music and are also musicians, the company branched off into a record label as well in order to support local unsigned artists. 508 Records (a.k.a, 508 Park Avenue Records) focuses on artists who have a vision and the determination to make it a reality, but who simply need help in caputring and polishing their ideas for release.
boxed art media also has designed, and built a 425 SqFt recording studio, Sound Pool Studios to enable us to provide quality captures at affordable prices.
Finally, boxed art media also operates a custom instrument and instrument repair service offering for our customers.
- 1999 - Musician's Access formed to be an online resource for local musicians
- 2006 - boxed art media formed - a media company focusing on music, graphics and film.
- 2008 - boxed art media forms an LLC to take the business to the next level, acting as an umbrella entity for the various media operations.
- 2008 - 508 Park Avenue Records formed - a musician's label, which focuses on the sound of the song/album/artist and not on the "quarterly profit center" so prevalent in the mainstream music industry.
- 2016 - Sound Pool Studios : Austin opens for bsuiness.